Are Rice Krispies Gluten-Free? Try 5 Brands
For people with Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, finding gluten-free food options can be a challenge. Many breakfast cereals contain gluten, which can make it difficult to find a suitable option for those with dietary restrictions. However, in recent years, there has been an increase in the availability of gluten-free cereal options, including rice-based cereals like Rice Krispies. But are Rice Krispies gluten-free? Let’s take a closer look at this popular breakfast cereal and explore some gluten-free alternatives.
Rice Krispies is a well-known breakfast cereal made by the Kellogg Company. The original Rice Krispies cereal is made from crisped rice, which is naturally gluten-free. However, some people with gluten sensitivities may still be concerned about potential cross-contamination with gluten-containing ingredients during the manufacturing process.
Kellogg’s has addressed these concerns by introducing a gluten-free version of Rice Krispies. The gluten-free Rice Krispies are made with brown rice and are produced in a facility that is entirely dedicated to gluten-free products. This ensures that the cereal is free from any gluten cross-contamination, making it a safe option for those with Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
In addition to Kellogg’s gluten-free Rice Krispies, there are several other brands that offer gluten-free rice cereal options. Here are five brands to consider:
1. Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal: Erewhon offers a gluten-free, organic brown rice cereal that is crispy and delicious. This cereal is free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives, making it a healthy gluten-free breakfast option.
2. Nature’s Path Crispy Rice Cereal: Nature’s Path offers a gluten-free alternative to traditional rice cereal. This crispy rice cereal is made with simple, wholesome ingredients and is free from artificial additives.
3. One Degree Organic Foods Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps: This gluten-free brown rice cereal is made with sprouted brown rice, which is easier to digest and contains more nutrients than traditional rice. It is also organic and free from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
4. Freedom Foods TropicO’s: While not a traditional rice cereal, Freedom Foods TropicO’s are a delicious gluten-free alternative made from whole grain corn and rice. This cereal is also free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
5. Barbara’s Puffins Gluten-Free Cereal: Barbara’s offers a variety of gluten-free cereals, including their popular Puffins cereal. The gluten-free Puffins cereal is made with simple, non-GMO ingredients and is available in several tasty flavors.
In conclusion, while the original Rice Krispies cereal may not be suitable for those with Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, there are plenty of gluten-free alternatives available. Kellogg’s offers a dedicated gluten-free version of Rice Krispies, and there are also several other brands that offer delicious gluten-free rice cereal options. Whether you prefer crispy rice cereal or a more hearty and nutritious option, there is a gluten-free rice cereal to suit your tastes and dietary needs. Always be sure to check the packaging and ingredient lists for any potential allergens or cross-contamination concerns.